14.2.10


People hurt, degrade, and put themselves below everyone else. I ask though, if we’re all doing that, where do we really stand amongst each other? Are we all so blind to other peoples pain and so consumed in our own that we don’t bother trying to help? I’m not perfect. You’re not perfect. But at the end of the day, no matter how much something hurts there IS love out there that is seeking your attention, love from a friend, love from family, love from a stranger and love from yourself. Don’t neglect it, don’t let love and knowledge wither and die because you were too consumed in sadness to appreciate it. Grow from your weakness, learn from your sadness. Know that above anything you’ll always have YOU, and you need to take care of yourself. Follow your gut. You’re stronger than you think, prove it to yourself, for yourself! My secret? I don’t follow my own advice, but hopefully, someone can.

Thankyou guys for your prayers. My Great Grandfather is getting far better now which is a blessing. I spent my Valentine's day with him and my Great Grandmother which was lovely.

Meg 
QUESTION:WHAT DO YOU DO TO CHEER YOURSELF UP?

4 comments:

Vivi Díaz said...

This post is absolutely amazing, and also inspiring. I especially like the sentence: "Grow from your weakness, learn from your sadness"-
Follow your own advice, because that what you just wrote, that is the best thing to do ever.

I'm glad your great grandad is getting better. Give him a lot of love.

What do I do to cheer myself up? I read. I go out and walk. I clean (in a non-stop way, until everything is perfectly shiny). I hug (i love giving and being hugged... i think it is the most comforting feeling in the world, isn't it?).

Love,

xxx

M said...

You are ever so lovely you know?
You give very good advice.
It reminded me of Alice in Wonderland actually 'I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.'
I think the fact you spent your day with your great Grandparents is lovely. I try and spend as much time with my Grandparents as possible.
Oh and best wishes to your Great Grandad my dear.

I do lots of things to cheer myself up. I do sewing, art, listening to music and spending time with my family x

Sarah Melissa said...

Im glad your grandfather is getting better :)

Btw, I've started following your tumblr which is amazing too :) Maybe I will make one someday xxxxxxxxxx

Sarah Melissa said...

and to cheer myself up- I listen to up beat music like Queen or even cheesy stuff like the Corrs haha :)